YDFIX Plate System – Advantages overview
For the treatment and optimal healing of ankle area fractures the YDT (YDFIX Distal Tibia) system is necessary with its polyaxial fixation and minimally invasive surgical technique.
Main characteristics and advantages:
– Polyaxial angle stabilized system in step – free ±15 deg angulation of insertion from base directions
– Maximum 3 times of correction possibility when misidentifying the correct screw direction
– Optimal, anatomically pre-determined screw directions in the holes
– Thinned head, the implant does not interfere with the soft tissues
– Rounded edges to protect nearby soft tissues
– Plate thickness optimized for load conditions
– Ability to perform minimally invasive surgery
– Oval hole for plate positioning
– Bendable distal tab for medial malleolar fractures
– Self tapping but blunt ended screws to avoid tissue irritation
– Anodized Titanium raw material
– The system can be locked in the anatomically preset directions and polyaxial as well.
– Radiolucent targeting system for minimally invasive targeting of the tail of the plate